Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Has Anyone Seen My Old Friend John?

If you see him, say hello.........and see that his hair still flows down his breast - for that is the way I remember him best.

My friend John, probably known by now as Johnny Thunder, has embarked on a 2 week journey to a land best known for their swimsuit models, meatballs, and massages. It'll be an interesting trip to say the least, but one that will be fruitful in many ways I'd presume.

Unfortunately, in the dust he's left a bored work day for your humble narrator. And a bored America really. I mean, I'm sure in at least some way he's wondering if anything crazy is occurring in his absense.....as if he was the tie that binds this great experiment of a country. I mean, Karl Rove quit. The U.S. has slipped to 41st in the world in life expectancy. Preseason Football has started.

I mean, who wouldn't be in a rush to hurry back home to the states. America is going to hell in a handbasket......coincidentally a saying I learned this week is one of the hardest to track down its origin. Most are easy to come by - but no one can pinpoint that hell in a handbasket.......quite the varying opinions.

I should've gotten to fly on the company private jet tomorrow......i'm still surprised I'm not. Instead though, I'll take the bus to work and bus home. I'm gonna say that's about as opposite and a days transport could vary.

No comments: