Wednesday, July 18, 2007

The Voice of Reason

So - i've been living life as a full time bachelor with the special lady friend out west.......this is the first such venture in over a year. The notion of doing whatever you want and being able to unwind in the quiet is always very appealing to me. But after about a week - you realize that really just involves drinking more beer than normal - eating way worse than normal - and spending more time listening to music and messing around on the CPU.

Where have you gone George Clooney - our nation's bachelor's turn their weary eyes to you? Show us a way to age gracefully into bachelordom........though with the understanding that your looks, money, fame and overall charisma aren't options for the masses.

The idea of mid-life bachelorhood seems to be this whole "grass is greener" opium induced dream for so many attached men. Problem being - I'm not sure what exactly it brings to the table, outside of a little weekend strange from time-to-way to damn long in between - time.
Have you been to a bar filled with upper 20's/low 30's single crowds lately? If so - I have a feeling you will have a look on your face not disimilar to Alex, our humble narrator, from Clockwork Orange.

So to say the least, I'm happy with my current lot in life. And I find no reason to long being single or alone more. I'll take my weekly man-day every Sunday and that will be just fine my friends.

I hope my friend John can find his writing voice........the more he writes, the worse his voice gets. Its like the inverse of wine.......more like goat's milk cheese; in terms of growing better with age. But he's always cast a wide net............and he always will.

And for that, I'm eternally grateful.

No comments: